If you want to know how to get Showbox for your Windows PC, you have landed on the right page. Stay tuned to find out more!
Why Do You Need Showbox?
Collecting DVDs of popular movies and classics had its own charm; as did having the entire family gather at a specific time to watch a show together. Sadly, those things have now become obsolete. Technology is making huge advancements as I write this. And today, online streaming services are holding the reigns of the entertainment industry. Some of the most popular ones are Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu. You can avail these services and get access to an extensive catalogue of movies, documentaries, TV shows, and cartoons. These services are totally official and also, legal.
Then why do so many people still search the www for apps like Showbox?
There are plenty of reasons for this. Services like Netflix charge a decent sum of money in exchange for their content. And normally, people would like to subscribe to more than one service for more variety. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to spend that much money on entertainment. Moreover, these services do not usually upload the latest films and TV. Fans like to get their hands on the recent releases as early as possible.
What is Showbox?
In case you’re unfamiliar, Showbox is a free online streaming service that gives users access to the latest movies, TV series, the hottest entertainment news, and trailers of upcoming films. Despite being a free service, Showbox features a gorgeous UI that not only functions smoothly but is also easy to use. It works across platforms like Android, PC, and iOS. There are also workarounds to get the app on a Mac or media players like the Amazon Fire TV stick; but today, we’ll tell you all about how to download Showbox on your Windows computer.
How to Download and Install Showbox on Your PC?
You can get Showbox to work on either a computer or laptop running on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7. However, the method isn’t as straightforward as downloading the app from the app store. Since Showbox is not officially available, you will need an Android emulator. In case you’re wondering what an emulator is, it is a software that is used to mimic another software. So an Android emulator, once downloaded on your PC, will behave exactly like an Android system.
Though Android emulators for Windows are bountiful, our top 2 picks are Bluestacks and Andyroid.
Before downloading the Showbox apk, you need to first install an Android emulator.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to download and install each of the emulators mentioned above. You can choose from any of the 2 emulators. If one doesn’t seem to work well, you can always try using another one.
Step 1 – Navigate to the official website of Bluestacks on your PC using the given link below.
Step 2 – Sign-up using your Gmail ID
Step 3 – Click on the “Download Bluestacks” button and wait for the download process to be completed.
Step 4 – Once completed, install the file on your PC. You will be prompted to either accept or decline a few processes. Make sure to accept all of them. That’s it!
Step 1 – Log onto the official website of Andyroid on your PC by using this link given below.
Step 2 – From the tabs shown at the top of the screen, select “Download”
Step 3 – The emulator will begin downloading automatically. Once it has been downloaded, open the file and install the same.
Step 4 – You’ll be prompted once Andyroid has been installed on your PC.
Now that you have downloaded an Android emulator, its time to get the Showbox apk file on your PC.
Follow the steps mentioned below to run Showbox on your PC:
- Visit our Showbox Apk download page.
- Click on the green “Download APK File” button. Note that the latest Showbox apk version is v5.24.
- Once the apk file has been downloaded, simply open it to install it.
- Then, find the folder where the Showbox apk file has been saved. Right-click on it and choose to open it with the emulator of your choice.
- The emulator will open and automatically run Showbox on your PC.
There is another method that eliminates the need to download an Android emulator separately. The ‘Arc Welder’ extension on Google Chrome works exactly like an Android emulator, albeit, within the browser. If this is what you prefer, follow the steps as mentioned under –
Using Arc Welder:
- If you don’t already have Chrome browser, download the same using this link – https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Now, click on this link to download the Arc Welder extension from the Chrome web store – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn?utm_source=chrome-ntp-launcher
- After the extension has been downloaded, select “Add to Chrome”. You’ll find this option on the same page from where you downloaded Arc Welder.
- You’ll be prompted to give permission to add the app. Click on it.
- Open a fresh tab and select “Apps” under the bookmarks bar. It will show you a list of all the Chrome extensions.
- Select “Arc Welder”. Once it launches, you will need to create an account.
- Finally, follow the steps mentioned earlier to get the Showbox apk file.
- Navigate back to ARC Welder on Chrome browser, and select ‘Add your APK’. Choose the Showbox apk file and hit the “Test” button, located at the bottom.
- That’s all! Now all you need to do to run Showbox using Chrome is launch Chrome, open a new tab, select apps, and open ARC Welder.
We have listed pretty much all the methods available to run Showbox on your PC. You can try any of those methods and see what works for you the best. In case of any errors, please do get in touch with us and we shall try our best to resolve the issue.
We’d like to warn you that Showbox is partly an illegal app. Hence, you need to be careful while using it and use some safety measures before you get the APK file. Here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Ensure that your PC has a high quality anti-virus software.
- Get only the latest version of Showbox using the link mentioned in this blog.
- Subscribe to a paid VPN service in order to hide your IP address from the concerned authorities.